Stuck at home and looking for your horse fix? This list has something for everyone, even though it isn’t quite the same as the real thing. Stay home, stay safe and healthy.
Watch a horse movie
- War Horse
- Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron – This was one of my favourite movies when I was a child. I would listen to the soundtrack all the time!
- Hidalgo – A real tear-jerker!
Read a horse book
- Horses in translation by Sharon Wilsle – I’m currently reading this book. I love how the author explains things and the different queues.
- JOEY: HOW A BLIND RESCUE HORSE HELPED OTHERS LEARN TO SEE by Jennifer Bleakley
- 101 GROUND TRAINING EXERCISES FOR EVERY HORSE & HANDLER by Cherry Hill
- THE HORSE ENCYCLOPEDIA by Elwyn Hartley Edwards
Follow these equestrians on YouTube
Or read these horse blogs
I hope this list helps you get your horse fix while staying at home. If you are looking for something to do, here’s a list of things to get you and your horse ready for summer that you can mostly do from home: Ultimate Equestrian Spring Cleaning List.
I’d love to hear from you! Join me on Facebook and let me know how you are doing.